The Grain Free Granola STRUGGLE IS REAL! trying to find granola that doesn’t have dairy, doesn’t have grains, is Non GMo, is organic, doesn’t have preservatives or processed sugar is HARD and when I do find it it’s super pricey! So I decided to make my own and I basically ate a whole Jar in one sitting!
This “granola” is nuts and seeds based. I chose to have almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
Almonds are packed with nutrients and are a filling and flavorful snack. They contain protein, vitamin E, healthy fats, along with the minerals calcium and magnesium.
Sunflower seeds contain the antioxidant vitamins E, and C, protein, and fiber.
Cashews are packed with antioxidants, copper, magnesium and are a great source of energy for you.
Pumpkin seeds are a great source of zinc, antioxidants, magnesium and are great to add to your daily routine.
Without further a do here is the recipe!
– 1 cup raw almonds
– 1 cup raw cashews
– 1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
– 1/4 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/2 cup maples syrup
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
-1 tsp. cinnamon powder
– 1 tsp. sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Place the almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut flakes in a food processor or blender and pulse a few times to break into small chunks.
2. Place the coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a medium sized saucepan over medium-high heat and allow to melt. Stir to combine, then add the ground nut mixture and stir until the everything is fully coated.
3. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Remove from the oven, add the raisins and sprinkle with sea salt, pressing the mixture together firmly to form a tight, flat surface.
4. Allow to cool for about 20-30 minutes or until fully hardened, and then break into chunks. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.